Sunday, August 26, 2012

About Me

About Me

Hello world my name is Brittney Henderson, I'm 23 years old and currently majoring in Secondary Education in Social Sciences. This is my third semester at the University of South Alabama. So far I love the Education program available here, and will utlitize all of my tools I have available. This will be my second time taking EDM 310. I had too drop last semester because of a family emergency. But this semester I feel that I am fully prepared and ready too finally received my "A." I'm from Mobile, Al where I currently live with my 5 year old son Jalen. He is my everything and I love him so much. I believe everything I do and each decision I make will effect his life, and I choose for all my actions too be positive, so that my life and my son's life will have a positive outcome. My passions includes singing, reading poetry, and enjoying life.
In my first "About Me", post I wrote about my mother needing a kidney. Well that was the family emergency I was referring too in my first paragraph. I would have too say that was one of the happiest moments in my life by far having her receive her new kidney. Now the reason I chose to enter Secondary Education as a history major is because I feel that history is very much important in students curriculum just as math and science. I feel that is very important to know ones history. For example learning from one's past mistakes and successes can only improve our future. So now that everything is back too normal in my home life I'm ready too venture back into my school work, and pursuit my goal of becoming a great educator; along with meeting great people along the way.



Randy Pausch Time Management

While watching Mr.Pausch's Time Management video, I gained that it is very necessary to have a well established goal that you want too achieve. I also agree that the United States as a society is so focused in money and less on time management. I personally have too manage my time more wisely.

1 comment:

  1. I feel that I learned a lot about you and your family through this post! I am also in the Social Sciences/History program! I loved your reasoning for why you entered the field of History Education. I found a couple of things throughout your blog that might need a second look. Most of those were just small grammar issues. I would look back on the places you used the word "too" and make sure that it shouldn't be "to." Also, you said you were ready to "received" your A, instead of receive. I found that the font that you chose was a little hard to read; this might be because the cursive is intricate and so small. I would either make it bigger, or choose a different font. The last thing I would change about this first post is since we needed to have at least two paragraphs about ourselves, I would create a line break once you start talking about why you chose history/secondary education. It is a separate subject about you, and you had been talking about your family. I think it would flow a little better! Overall, I loved reading about you and your son, as I too have a little one! Great job on your first post!

    ReplyDelete